White bean salad is a vegan dish of greek cuisine ideal to eat as a salad with a slice of bread !
Otherwise, you can prepare this salad to accompany your fish dishes !
- 250 g white beans
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- ½ cup Manaki extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Florina pepper fillets
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- freshly grounded pepper
- finely chopped parsley
- wild capers of Tinos (optional)
- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- baked black olives (optional)
Let the white beans soak overnight.
The following day, drain and cover them with cold water, boil them for about 45 minutes or until done.
Then drain them and put them under cold running water if you want to eat them right away and drain them for a second time.
Pour extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a big salad bowl and mix well.
Add after the white beans and stir well.
Serve the salad with a slice of bread!
Enjoy your meal !